Tuesday Sept 3, 9:30 - 17:30
The web has never been so productive. You can build and launch a whole new appin just a few hours. It’s crazy! You can build what huge teams with large budgets could only dream of a few years ago.
- Beautiful UI? Got that.
- Great SEO? Yep. Easy.
- Amazing lighthouse speed scores? You got it.
- Running heavy code on the backend? Done.
- Saving user data? Yepp.
- Works on mobile? Of course.
- What about an offline PWA? D’oh.
- Makes money? Yep got that too.
- Maybe it’s not your job to do all that in your company right now. The bigger the company, the smaller your area of expertise. But wouldn’t it be awesome if you could do all of that?
What if next time you have an idea for a great feature, you just build it? Own the whole stack from start to finish. You’d be a superhero! Or maybe it’s just for you. Great idea for a project, an app, a painful problem you want to solve? With this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to set up a static webapp with Gatsby
- Why that’s important for SEO and speed scores
- How to build good looking UIs without design skills
- How to move some functionality to the backend using a serverless approach
- How to use serverless to store user data
- Using GraphQL to query your data
- How to monetize your creation
You’ll leave this full-day workshop knowing some of the most powerful (and fun!) technologies that make web development in 2019 so amazing.